LAS VEGAS – MMA Junkie was on the scene and reporting directly from Official Friday UFC 282 fighter weight.
Early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Las Vegas and precedents Ceremonial weights for the masses, which will take place at 4 p.m. ET at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The nearby T-Mobile Arena hosts the Saturday event, which has the following pay-per-view master card on ESPN2 and early contests on ESPN+.
Among those who weigh in in the lightweight category are former heavyweight champions Jan Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) and Magomed Ankalayev (18-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who are fighting for the vacant title, and Jared Gordon (19 — 5 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Paddy Pimblett (19-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who met at the joint lightweight feature, all of whom were on the mark in their respective bouts.
The only blemish on the tournament came from former fighter Daniel da Silva, who was three pounds overweight for his flyweight fight against Vinicius Salvador. The show later announced that the fight had been canceled “due to a medical issue”.
Full UFC 282 weigh-in results include:
Main Card (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jan Blachowicz (204.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205) – for the vacant Light Heavyweight title
- Jared Gordon (155.5) Buddy Pemblett (156)
- Alex Morono (179.5) vs. Santiago Ponzenebeo (179.5) – 180lb catch weight
- Dricos Du Plessis (185) vs. Darren Thiel (184.5)
- Bryce Mitchell (146): Elia Topuria (146)
Preliminary Card (ESPN2/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jay Perrin (136) vs. Raul Rosas Jr. (136)
- Chris Daukas (242.5) vs. Jairzinho Rosenstruck (261.5)
- Dalcha Lungiambula (185.5) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)
- Joaquin Buckley (185.5) vs. Chris Curtis (186)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Alexander Hernandez (145.5) vs. Billy Quarantillo (146)
- TJ Brown (145.5) vs. Eric Silva (146)
- Daniel da Silva (129) * Vinicius Salvador (126)
- Stephen Koslow (136): Cameron Syman (135)
*Da Silva missed the flyweight limit by 3 pounds; Fight cancellation