Concacaf W Championship – Group A: USA vs. Haiti
Date: July 4, 2022
Location: Estadio University; Monterrey, Mexico
Broadcast: CBS Sports Network, Paramount+, VX
Airtime: 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT
Official Kickoff Time: 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT
Starting XI vs Haiti: 18-Casey Murphy; 3-Alana Cook, 4-Peggy Sauerbrunn (captain), 5-Kelly O’Hara, 9-Mallory Buck, 10-Lindsay Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 13-Alex Morgan, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andy Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox
Available Subs: 1-Alyssa Naher; 2-Ashley Sanchez, 6-Trinity Rodman, 7-Asheley Hatch, 8-Sofia Huerta, 12-Naomi Girma, 14-Emily Sonnett, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 20-Taylor Korniak, 21-Aubrey Kings, 23-Midge Purse
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Sorbrun (204), Morgan (193), O’Hara (155), Horan (112), Buck (75), Lavelle (74), Sullivan (29), Smith (17), Fox (15), Cook (11), Murphy (6) ) )
- Today’s starting lineup consists of four players averaging 80 caps per player – Sauerbrunn, Morgan, O’Hara and Horan – with 100+ caps. Four players on this list — Smith, Fox, Cook and Murphy — have fewer than 20 caps and all are making their first appearance for the USWNT in a World Cup or Olympic qualifier.
- The starting lineup featured four players in the U.S.’s last meeting against Haiti, which came on January 28, 2020, in the opening match of the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers. In Houston, Lavelle, O’Hara and Sorbrunn started the race, with Horan finishing second. -Half-time substitute and eventually scored America’s third goal in a 4-0 win.
- Center again Becky Sauerbrunn Will captain the USWNT for 33 yearsrd By the time she reached 204Th International appearance. It will be 18 of SauerbrunnTh Start and 19Th Cap for USA in CONCACAF qualifiers, playing in World Cup qualifiers in 2010, 2014 and 2018 and Olympic qualifiers in 2012, 2016 and 2020.
- Goalkeeper Casey Murphy He earns his sixth career cap and makes his Concacaf qualifying debut as he secures a fourth in 2022. Murphy, who earned her first cap with the USWNT seven months ago in a 3-0 win over Australia in Sydney on Nov. 27, has four clean sheets in her previous five caps.
- The security guard Alana Cook He made his qualifying debut aged 11 in his seventh start for 2022.Th Overall international appearance for the USWNT. Cook leads the team with 504 total minutes played in 2022 and had a pair of assists in the USA’s April 9 win over Uzbekistan. It will be the fourth time Cook and Sorbrunn have started together at center back. They started together in the USA’s 3–0 win over Colombia on June 25.
- Kelly O’Hara She should earn 155Th Cap, tied for 22 with Michael Akers and Kristen Pressn.d On the USWNT’s all-time caps list. O’Hara, who scored her third career goal in the USWNT’s win over Colombia on June 28, will compete with her. Has played in six Concacaf qualifiers, Olympic qualifiers in 2012, 2016 and 2020 and World Cup qualifiers in 2014 and 2018. He has one goal and four assists in 16 qualifying matches.
- Mallory p He will make his sixth start of 2022 as he turns 49Th Player to reach 75 caps in USWNT history. At 24 years and 66 days, Heather O’Reilly is the youngest athlete to reach the milestone since she reached the milestone in 2008 at the age of 23. Both in goals (5) and assists (5). This would be Pugh’s 10Th Cap for the first time since being a Concacaf qualifier and qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.
- Midfielder Lindsay Horan She will earn 112Th Appearing in the 2016 Olympic Qualifiers, 2018 World Cup Qualifiers and again in the 2020 Olympic Qualifiers, she made her fourth consecutive Qualifier appearance for the United States. Six goals in the 2020 Olympic qualifiers, including one against Haiti in the opening game of the tournament.
- Sophia SmithAt 21, the youngest player in this starting XI will be making her Concacaf qualifying debut at the age of 17.Th overall cap. Smith leads the USA in goals with five this year and scored twice in his most recent outing for the United States, a 3-0 win over Colombia in his home state of Colorado on June 25.
- Alex Morgan She earns 193rd The cap for the USWNT will be his second start and third appearance for the United States in 2022. Morgan has scored a total of 19 goals in 20 qualifying matches for the U.S., including 10 goals in World Cup qualifying, the fourth-most in team history. He scored seven goals in four games in 2018 World Cup qualifying, his most recent action in CONCACAF qualifying for the United States. She missed the 2020 Olympic qualifiers due to pregnancy.
- Rose Lavelle She will earn 74Th A career cap as she makes her fifth straight start for the USWNT. Lavelle leads the team in assists with five this year and has been directly involved in seven goals in America’s last four games (two goals and five assists). Lavelle has five goals and one assist in nine previous appearances in CONCACAF qualifiers.
- Midfielder Andy Sullivan He will make his seventh start in 2022, his 29th yearTh An international look for America. Sullivan, who is third on the team in total minutes played in 2022 with 436 minutes, will play the full 90 minutes against Panama in a 2020 Olympic qualifier and make his second appearance for the USA in a CONCACAF qualifier.
- Emily Fox He makes his Concacaf qualifying debut as he gets his 15thTh Hats off to America. Fox will now have played in 11 of USA’s 12 matches since the October 2021 FIFA window, making 10 starts in that span. No player has made more appearances for the United States in the past 10 months.