USWNT vs Czech Republic – 2022 Shepelevs Cup, presented by Visa
History: February 17 2022
place: Karama Health Sports Park; Carson, Calif.
Broadcasting: ESPN, TUDN
broadcast time: 8 p.m. PT / 11 p.m. ET
Official start time: 8:08 PM PT / 11:08 PM ET
Starting in XI against the Czech Republic: 18-Casey Murphy, 5-Kelly O’Hara (Captain), 6-Morgan Gutraat, 9-Mallory Poe, 11-Sofia Smith, 12-Terna Davidson, 15-Alana Cook, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andy Sullivan, 19- Emily Fox, 20-Catarina Macario
Available subs: 1- Alyssa Naher, 2-Trinity Rodman, 3-Lynn Williams, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 7-Ashley Hatch, 8-Sofia Huerta, 10-Jaylene Howell, 13-Achille Sanchez, 14-Emily Sonnett, 21- Aubrey Kingsbury 22 Christie Mewes 23 Margaret Pierce
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): O’Hara (149), Gautrat (88), Lavelle (69), Pugh (68), Davidson (46), Sullivan (23), Macario (13), Smith (11), Fox (9), Cook (5 )), Murphy (3).
- XI has an average starting age of 25.55 years old and is the youngest starting lineup to be featured in the USA since April 5, 2018, when a USWNT line-up against Mexico averaged 25.2 years and the second youngest starting line-up to ever be used by the USA’s Sheppeleves Cup.
- The starting line-up averages 43 caps per player with O’Hara (149) the most experienced player in the starting line-up with Gutrat (88) and the next most capped player in the line-up. Five players – Macario (13), Smith (11), Fox (9), Cook (5) and Murphy (3) – have fewer than 15 caps.
- defender Kelly O’Hara She will lead the United States for the second time in her career – and the first in her 100 yearsy Hat celebration match in 2017 – set to make it 149y USWNT’s international appearance. O’Hara has played nearly three times as many games with the rest of the defense line and will become the first player to play in every edition of the SheBelieves Cup, having now appeared in the tournament every year since its inception in 2016.
- A goal keeper Casey Murphy She will earn her third cap as she starts for the third time in a row in the USWNT. The 25-year-old Murphy made her USWNT debut on November 27 in the USA’s 3-0 win over Australia in Sydney, and put in an excellent eight save performance as she became just the seventh goalkeeper in USWNT history to get a clean sheet. in its first cover.
- Morgan Gutraat (formerly Brian) will earn her 88y Cap as she makes her USWNT debut since November 10, 2019, when she started, played 63 minutes and scored in the United States’ 6-0 win over Costa Rica. This will be her first USWNT game in 830 days and the first Gutrat to play under her married name.
- Mallory Bog You will earn it 68y The ceiling of her career as she began her fourth career with the USA since September 2021. Pugh tied with Rose Lavelle in achieving the most goals by any player in the USA Sheppells Cup roster with 18 career international goals in addition to 20 assists. Her last goal for the United States came on October 3, 2019, when she scored in the 76th minutey Minutes against South Korea.
- Sophia Smith You will earn it 11y Hat as she started her third USWNT career and first time since October 26, 2021 against South Korea. The 21-year-old Smith is the youngest player in this starting lineup and has one goal in her previous 10 games, which came on her debut against Paraguay on September 21 in Cincinnati.
- Terna Davidson It’ll make her ninth straight start earning her 46y The cap is generally for USWNT. At 23 years old, Davidson is the third youngest player in this starting lineup, but he has played the fifth most international and played all but 47 minutes of matches for USWNT over the last eight matches, dating back to the Olympic semi-final match against Canada. .
- Alana Cook She will win her fifth cap for the USA as she will make her debut in the SheBelieves Cup. Cook, who will play a third consecutive game for USWNT as quarterback alongside former teammate Davidson, played a full 90 minutes in each of her previous four games, helping the United States win three clean sheets.
- Rose Lavell She will appear in her fifth SheBelieves Cup, having made her international debut in the tournament in 2017. Lavelle is set to earn her 69y cap and graduated from a strong campaign in 2021 in which it scored its highest professional level in the gAmes played (22) minutes (1411) goals (5) and assisted (5).
- Andy Sullivan You will earn it 23research and development Cap on what will be her sixth start in USWNT’s last seven games. Sullivan, who participated in only one game in 2020, participated in six matches with the United States in 2021 with five participations, during which she scored two goals and made one goal. This will be Sullivan’s first – and first – appearance at the SheBelieves Cup since 2018.
- Emily Fox She is set to make her third straight start and earn her ninth cap overall for the USWNT. Fox, who was named ‘Woman of the Match’ in the US’s 1-1 draw with Australia to conclude the 2021 campaign, will make her SheBelieves Cup debut as she builds on the strength of 2021 as she made five appearances for the USWNT.
- Catarina Macario will make it 13y Appearance and seventh career start for USWNT. The 22-year-old Macario started the USA’s opening game in the 2021 ShipLife Cup against Canada and scored three goals and one assist in her 12 matches in 2021.